QUOTE OF THE WEEK

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No act of kindness, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed - Aesop














Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week in Review

A new week begins tomorrow, which means...

You guessed it - review time!

The goal for this week was to perform a random act of kindness.  This goal is part of May's overall focus on service.

I really enjoyed this goal because I found when I was less focused on myself and looking for ways to help others, my own troubles seemed to disappear for a time.  I felt a quiet satisfaction in my efforts and my entire day seemed a little brighter.  I feel this is the inherent nature of service; one sets out with the purpose of helping others, but often ends with the greater reward in return.

I won't be sharing specifics on what I did this week because I want my deeds to remain unknown.  I will say that I tried to do something nice anonymously once a day, and I divided my efforts between family, neighbors, and even a few strangers.  This is one goal I'd like to continue beyond the week - and I hope you will too.  Just think of the changes which could be made if we all decided to make the world a better place through one kind deed a day :)

Please check in tomorrow as I unveil May's final goal!

No comments: