QUOTE OF THE WEEK

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No act of kindness, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed - Aesop














Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekly Goal #3 - Organizing Your Finances

Wow, April is just whizzing by for me.  In fact, I caught myself typing "weekly goal #2" in the title before realizing it is now the third week of April!  This time of year always passes quickly for me; maybe it's the increased activity of my kids as they prepare for the end of school.

Before I introduce this week's goal, I'd like to you reflect for a moment about last week's efforts.  For those of you who chose to participate, I hope you enjoyed it and were able to learn something productive.

April's theme is "ORGANIZATION", a value which can be applied to many areas of life.  This week, I'd like to apply it to the area of finances.  Many have been affected by recent economic developments, feeling a financial "pinch".  While there might be little you can do about the economy, there are certainly ways to stretch a dollar.  Planning errands beforehand can help save on gas, as can walking or biking to nearby destinations.  Shopping sales and using coupons will save dollars at the register.  Preparing a budget can help eliminate impulse spending, while saving for a rainy day will help prepare for unforeseen emergencies.

There are many ways to help bring your finances into order.  My suggestion is to look at the area needing the most help, and start there.  You'll be surprised how small changes can bring about big results!

No comments: