QUOTE OF THE WEEK

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No act of kindness, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed - Aesop














Thursday, April 28, 2011

Myth Buster #1

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

I'm willing to bet you had a much better Saturday than I.

I was stuck at home with the stomach bug and had to send the family off to celebrate without me.

However, my husband did a great job with taking lots of photos; here are just a few:



Yes - my daughter the Easter Bunny hid our oldest son's goodies bag on the roof.


Okay - back to business.  As part of the blog, I've decided to add a "myth buster" section where I can discuss my feelings and ideas of common perceptions about growing older.  In honor of the recent holiday, I'd like to address the practice of giving up one's belief in characters such as the Easter Bunny and Santa.  Just because one grows older doesn't mean the special magic of these days has to disappear.  I think that kids have this one right!

Besides, there's a lot you can learn from these childhood pals, as demonstrated by this excerpt I found on another blog:

All I need to know I learned from the Easter Bunny


  • Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
  • Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.
  • There’s no such thing as too much candy.
  • All work and no play can make you a basket case.
  • A cute tail attracts a lot of attention.
  • Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
  • Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
  • Some body parts should be floppy.
  • Keep your paws off of other people’s jelly beans.
  • Good things come in small sugar coated packages.
  • The grass is always greener in someone else’s basket.
  • To show your true colors you have to come out of the shell.
  • The best things in life are still sweet and gooey.

I say...live on, Easter Bunny!

No comments: