QUOTE OF THE WEEK

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No act of kindness, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed - Aesop














Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day of Reckoning

Okay, I know the title might be a little dramatic - but I wanted to get your attention :)

It's the end of the week, which means it's time to look back.  See what you've learned.  Check how you did on the assignment.  If you decided not to join in this week, you should feel totally guilty it's okay.  Maybe next week's goal will be something more relevant to you.

If you participated in the "Getting To Know YOU" exercise, I hope you were able to learn a little more about yourself.  One of the questions I personally concentrated on was the one which asked for three adjectives to describe myself.  The ones I came up with are:  compassionate, competitive, and creative.  It was also interesting to compare how some of my answers to the questions have changed over the years. 

I know that writing a mission statement wasn't strictly an assignment, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there for those of you who wanted a little "extra credit".  Here's what mine ended up looking like:

Actually, I decided not to share this time; I want to keep the contents private.  It is a personal statement, after all!  But please know that I have one.  If you have never before attempted to write a "PS", I don't expect yours to be finished yet.  In fact, I suggest you take some time to think it over before committing to a final draft.  Even then, I'm sure you'll make revisions to it as your circumstances change.  That's what happened to me this week as I looked mine over.

I hope this week has been a fun and informative one for you. I know I'm bound to make some mistakes as I begin this process - so please be patient with me :)  Please check in tomorrow as I reveal area #2 of the "finding self" focus.

No comments: