QUOTE OF THE WEEK

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No act of kindness, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed - Aesop














Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Honest Woman

This little guy is trying his hardest to ensure I remain an honest woman:


Remember THIS post about embracing the fact I've turned forty by not feeling ashamed to tell others my age?  It seems my child is determined to hold me to that; he's been taking great delight lately in announcing to the world (both friends and strangers) that his mom is now forty years old.

The lastest incidence happened over the weekend while visiting a park.  My son and and another child were playing on a piece of bouncy equipment which had three seats, and they were wanting someone else to balance it out.  The little girl turned to her mother and asked if she could join them.  The mother took one look at the bouncy seat and declined, saying she was too big. 

This is when my son pipes up and says,"That's okay - my mom was riding on it just a few minutes ago before you guys came and she's a lot bigger than you.  She's FORTY years old!"

If anyone out there hasn't heard by now, yes - I'm forty.  And if you care to disagree, just ask my little boy.  He's more than ready to tell you just how old I am!

No comments: