QUOTE OF THE WEEK

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No act of kindness, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed - Aesop














Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Goal #4 - Forgiving Yourself

Wow, it's hard to believe the fourth week of March is already here!  I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring to stay.

It's the start of a new week, which means its time to begin work on a new goal.  As the title of this post states, the goal for this week is "forgiving yourself".

I tend to be my own worst critic.  When I make a mistake, I can harp over the issue for sometimes days or even weeks, depending on how important it was. I'm sure most everyone has felt the same way at some point.  The result of this behavior is baggage we create for ourselves, baggage that we drag around.  This baggage affects our ability to be happy, can prevent us from being productive, and interferes with our relationships with others.  It may even eventually pull us down into depression.

This week, I'm going to resolve to stop beating myself up over past mistakes.  When I do mess up - which will happen, as I'm only human - I will try to fix it the best I can and then move on.  I am willing to forgive others; I need to extend that same courtesy to myself.  After all, life is too short for dwelling on the "what ifs" and "should haves". 

No comments: